What is CNF?
1. Cordoba Now Forum (WHAT 'CNF' IS)
NAWAT Program is built with the help of a forum ('CNF'), which acts as a community of researchers / activists / practitioners that have specific expertise on conflict with a religious dimension in the MENA and access to stakeholders. CNF has a crucial role to play within the overall NAWAT program, and has an ethical added value: due to the participatory research action approach; to the fact that it is composed of experts from MENA and Europe, and that it bases its work on local knowledge (including local terminology extracted from the experience and not projected from the outside).
2. Composition of the forum (WHO CNF MEMBERS ARE)
- Experts from the MENA and from Europe (representing geographic, gender and worldview diversity)
- Researchers and/or activists and/or practitioners that have specific expertise in conflicts with a religious dimension in the MENA – i.e., conflicts characterized by an interplay of religious and political factors.
- Connectors who have access to actors and constituencies with potential to mitigate potentially violent conflicts with a religious dimension.
- Connectors to figures and leaders that belong to track I ½ and II (with the perspective of multiplication and dissemination).
3. Contributions and role of the network (WHAT CNF MEMBERS DO)
CNF members are associated to discussions and reflection on NAWAT program and to specific projects, acting as a sounding board and group of advice on all subjects (relevance, feasibility, similarities on issues and initiatives) and building a shared ownership of the program.
On specific projects and depending on needs and interests, some members of the forum are actively taking over responsibilities in implementing initiatives, and act as project officers, research coordinator or researcher on specific projects.
The group produces and acts, taking on roles as diverse as process supporter; advisor; referent; facilitator; resource person and experience holders. In particular, members assist in facilitating entry points to contacts and take an active role in replication and dissemination of CN results.
The forum will progressively be formalized and expanded – in particular so as to maintain and develop balanced representations within the group. The expertise and working mechanisms will be documented, so as to improve continuously and draw lessons learned.