This course introduces the key concepts, definitions and methodologies for conflict analysis and conflict transformation. It provides participants with the vocabulary and tools for effecting comprehensive conflict analysis as well as practical skills in approaches to conflict transformation, such as mediation and negotiation. Using case studies from the MENA, Sahel and Europe regions, it presents participants with methodologies such as the "safe mediation space" and "culturally-balanced mediation." The course also develops practical skills in conflict analysis through their application to real-world cases.
The aim of this training course is to equip participants with:
• Foundation in the development of conflict transformation as a field of practice;
• Knowledge of conflict transformation theory and practice;
• Applied conflict analysis skills;
• Specialised knowledge of approaches to conflict transformation;
• Practical ideas for culturally-appropriate approaches to conflict transformation.
Researchers and/or professionals who are interested in conflict transformation and related areas, who wish to expand their knowledge and skills in theoretical and practical approaches to conflict analysis and approaches to transforming conflict.
This training course includes expert input, case studies, group-work, group discussions and practitioner Q&A.
Course length: 1 day
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Tuition fee: 350 CHF
Course size: 10-20 participants