|Type of Appointment||Fixed-term contract|
|Estimated Start Date||January 2021|
The Cordoba Peace Institute – Geneva is an independent non-profit organization established in Geneva, Switzerland. Founded in 2002, CPI has worked since then to promote peaceful and inclusive societies (in accordance with SDG 16), with a focus on track 1.5 mediations in the MENA region and Africa. CPI promotes a methodology of conflict transformation adapted to and accepted by local peace actors, parties to conflict, and communities. CPI has carried out previous projects in the fields of Peacebuilding and Prevention of Violent Extremism (Chad, Libya, Mauritania, Mali, Nigeria, Niger, Turkey, Syria), Education & Peacebuilding (Mali), Democratic Development (Tunisia and Morocco), Preventing Electoral Violence (Zanzibar).
CPI in Iraq
Since November 2020, CPI is implementing a new peacebuilding project aiming at supporting reconciliation and social cohesion in Iraq. Within this context, CPI is looking for a Project Officer to work with CPI Iraq team in Baghdad.
The responsibilities and tasks include:
- Supporting planning, monitoring and evaluation activities of the project, in collaboration with the management team.
- Maintaining regular contact with the project’s participants to discuss progress and follow-up on the activities undertaken by the participants.
- Supervising the planning and logistical aspects of the project’s activities.
- Contact and communication with relevant authorities, including ensuring access and permissions for the implementation of the project’s activities.
- Monitoring and briefing on the country political, security and humanitarian context and trends.
- Maintaining up-to-date files and records of project documentation.
- Translating documents into Arabic and English.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned, as necessary.
Competencies and Skills
- Knowledge of the country context and dynamics.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Independent, autonomous, and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated commitment to and interest in peacebuilding
- Proven ability to work in challenging circumstances
- Experience working in similar role in another NGO.
• Fluency in Arabic and English is required.
Proficiency of languages required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
How to Apply
Only full applications will be considered.