|Duty Station||Tel Afar|
|Type of Appointment||Fixed-term contract|
|Estimated Start Date||January 2021|
The Cordoba Peace Institute – Geneva is an independent non-profit organization established in Geneva, Switzerland. Founded in 2002, CPI has worked since then to promote peaceful and inclusive societies (in accordance with SDG 16), with a focus on track 1.5 mediations in the MENA region and Africa. CPI promotes a methodology of conflict transformation adapted to and accepted by local peace actors, parties to conflict, and communities. CPI has carried out previous projects in the fields of Peacebuilding and Prevention of Violent Extremism (Chad, Libya, Mauritania, Mali, Nigeria, Niger, Turkey, Syria), Education & Peacebuilding (Mali), Democratic Development (Tunisia and Morocco), Preventing Electoral Violence (Zanzibar).
CPI in Iraq
Since November 2020, CPI is implementing a new peacebuilding project aiming at supporting reconciliation and social cohesion in Iraq. Within this context, CPI is looking for a Local Coordinator to work with CPI team in Iraq.
The responsibilities and tasks include:
- Arranging workshops and meetings that are hosted as part of the project.
- Ensuring good communication and coordination with the other team members.
- Providing operations support on implementation of project.
- Follow-up with project participants to guarantee smooth implementation of the project activities.
- Processing project-related travel arrangements.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned, as necessary.
Competencies and Skills
- Computer skills especially in Microsoft Pack Office.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Independent, autonomous, and self-motivated.
- Proven ability to work in challenging circumstances.
• Fluency in Arabic and English is required.
Proficiency of languages required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and Cover Letter in English by email to عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته. clearly stating “CPI Local Coordinator – Iraq application”.
Only full applications will be considered.