|Application Deadline||March 21, 2018|
|Type of Contract||Internship|
|Languages Required||English and French. Arabic would be a strong asset.|
|Starting Date||April 3, 2018|
Cordoba Foundation of Geneva (CFG):
The Cordoba Foundation of Geneva is a Swiss non-governmental non-profit organization working on peace promotion. The CFG was established in Geneva in 2002 to foster research and dialogue on peace issues, and to promote exchange between cultures and civilizations. It focuses on tensions and polarizations in all societies where Muslims live, and aims to enhance theoretical and practical conflict transformation resources in Muslim majority countries.
The CFG works with an extensive network of partners including think tanks, civil society organizations, research centers, foundations, governments, and individuals to initiate and support activities that build trust and favor mutual respect and reconciliation. The CFG provides a distinctive expertise, and a culturally sensitive approach in dealing with conflicts.
The main programs of the CFG
The CFG has a track record of programs, mediation initiatives and training interventions focused on the promotion of peaceful political participation of all sectors of society, including those with a religious reference. Many of these programs are jointly implemented by the CFG and the “Religion-Politics-Conflict” desk of the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs.
The main programs of the CFG are currently aimed at 1) Addressing the challenges to peaceful transition, including sectarian tensions, in the MENA region; 2) Encouraging peaceful interaction between communities in the Sahel; 3) Promoting political participation on North Africa; and 4) Preventing Violent Extremism in MENA and the Sahel region.
By reinforcing mechanisms for the transformation of violent or potentially violent conflicts, especially those with a religious dimension, the overall objective of these programs is to contribute to peaceful coexistence between groups with different worldviews. They aim to enhance the capacity and networks of conflict transformation actors, develop a common and collective understanding of conflicts and support local transformation initiatives.
The CFG is seeking an Intern in Communications and Fundraising, to work with the Foundation for a period of three months.
The Intern’s duties will include:
- Further enhancing and implementing the CFG’s Communications Strategy.
- Assisting the staff and the webmaster in keeping the website up to date, appealing and relevant.
- Further developing and implementing the CFG’s Fundraising Strategy.
- Managing and developing the different social network accounts of the Foundation.
- Assisting in the organization of events, or other duties on an ad-hoc basis, if required.
- Second- or Third-year student in communication, marketing or similar. Knowledge in graphic design would be an asset;
- Languages: Proficiency in English and French. Knowledge of Arabic would be a strong asset;
- Excellent organizational skills, and close attention to detail;
- Excellent knowledge of social network management;
- Good knowledge in maintaining a website;
- Creativity, independence and pro-activity are essential qualities for this position
- Authorization to work in Switzerland.
- For three months as from April 2018, full-time or close to full-time.
Please be aware that internships with the CFG are not paid, though a small stipend to help with lunch and transport may be provided.
The deadline for applications is March 21, 2018.